Bulgarian MP Charged with Hooliganism Gives Up Immunity
Bulgarian MP Aleksandar Metodiev, who is charged with hooliganism, gave up his immunity from criminal prosecution on Monday.
The MP, who is known by his nickname Bat Sali, submitted a written consent for his immunity to be lifted in order for the criminal proceedings against him to be launched.
Last week, Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov tabled to parliament a request for Metodiev's immunity to be lifted.
The MP from the second largest opposition Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) is accused of disobeying police orders and threatening police officers after having committed a traffic violation on May 1.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them