Iran Interested in Pumping Gas to Bulgaria-Greece Link
Iran is seriously interested in delivering gas to the interconnection between Greece and Bulgaria, the latter country's Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova has announced.
After meeting counterpart Bijan Namdar Zangeneh in Tehran, Petkova has noted that Iran stands ready to deliver amounts of gas to both countries via the link as soon as it is ready.
The Islamic Republic also eyes the LNG terminal in the city of Alexandroupoli which it could also supply.
Petkova has made the minister familiar with Bulgaria and Greece's talks over a possible joint venture that could be used to build the terminal.
The meeting, which is part of an official delegation's visit to the Islamic Republic, comes amid reports in Iranian media that Tehran seeks to revive the Nabucco project through its participation in a gas distribution center on Bulgarian territory.
Separately, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has announced Bulgaria and Iran will explore a transport corridor project that, apart from goods, could also carry gas.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Gas with another 3% down
- » Bulgaria, Greece and Italy bought Gas from Azerbaijan for 1.6 Billion Euros in January
- » Bulgaria will sign Agreements with the US and France for the Construction of 4 Nuclear Units at the sites in Kozloduy and Belene
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia
- » Bulgaria has Managed to Reduce Gas Demand by a record 24%