Bulgarian-Spanish Police Operation Busts Contraband Cigarettes Ring
A large-scale Bulgarian-Spanish police operation against the production of contraband cigarettes busted three illegal factories for cigarettes owned and run by Bulgarians on the territory of Spain.
The governments of Bulgaria and Spain informed with delight of the successful police operation which busted the Bulgarian-led crime group operating in Spain.
So far, twenty Bulgarian and two Spanish citizens have been detained, with further arrests not excluded.
They have been charged with crimes against industrial property and tax violations, as well as money laundering and affiliation to a crime group.
This is the latest example of the fruitful cooperation between the General Directorate Countering Organised Crime (GDBOP) of Bulgaria's interior ministry and the national police and Customs Surveillance Service of Spain.
Judging by the volume of the confiscated production and equipment in the factories, this operation can be considered one of the most significant in the fight against organised crime.
Earlier on Friday, Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov held telephone conversation with his Spanish counterpart Mariano Rajoy in which they discussed the progress of the ongoing joint police operation.
The operation was the result of the coordinated activities of GDBOP and Spanish law enforcement structures and was conducted in close cooperation with Europol.
Also on Friday, in another telephone conversation Borisov discussed the operation with the director of Europol, Rob Wainwright.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison