Bulgaria Waiting for EU to OK Aid for State Railways
Bulgaria expects that EU Commission will allow by September state aid to the debt-ridden national railway carried, Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski has said.
A total of BGN 600 M (EUR 307 M) in funding have been earmarked, supposedly from the concession on Sofia Airport announced early in June (the procedure, however, was halted over a forfeiture claim).
With the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) in need of funding and delaying payments for months, the company has piled up debts of around BGN 400 M.
The other BGN 200 M will be spent on the purchase of 15 new railcars that will operate the renovated line between Sofia and Burgas, according to Moskovski.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » January 1, 2025 - Bulgaria’s New Target Date for Entry into the Eurozone
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom
- » Musk admits that “X” might become a Paid Platform
- » Bulgaria: Group of Men Brutally Beat a Boy with Clubs and Stakes in Harmanli
- » Bulgaria: The Airports in Burgas and Varna reported over 800,000 Passengers in August