EU Postpones Decision on 2018 Rotational Chairmanships
The EU will not decide on reshuffles to the schedule of rotational presidencies for 2018 before September, member states' leaders have agreed.
The lack of definite timetable for the presidencies, caused by Britain's vote to leave the union, leaves in limbo the exact schedule of the Bulgarian six-month term that was due between July and December 2018.
Before the Brexit referendum, the UK was to host Council of the EU meetings between July and December of next year.
Earlier, Deputy PM Meglena Kuneva had said Bulgaria might have to assume its respective chairmanship six month earlier than expected.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria