Czech Republic to Have Honorary Consulate in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
The Bulgarian government has approved a request from the Czech Republic to open an honorary consulate in Plovdiv, the cabinet's press office has said.
It has also proposed Ivan Sokolov as Prague's honorary consul to Plovdiv.
The Czech Republic has made the request citing willingness to deepen ties at a regional level and its plans to expand its network of diplomatic missions and boost its consular services.
Plovdiv, Bulgaria's second-largest city, “has been chosen as one of the most significant cultural and economic centers of Bulgaria, and the expectation of the Czech and the Bulgarian side is that the honorary consul will work in support of economic and trade cooperation and will contribute to cultural exchange,” the government adds.
In 2019, Plovdiv will also be a European Capital of Culture alongside Matera (Italy).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sacred Language of My Predecessors: An Exhibition on Croatian-Bulgarian Parallels
- » Ilham Ahmed: Sudan Wants to Revive Ties with Bulgaria at All Levels
- » Iraq's Embassy Hosts Photo Exhibition in Support of Mosul Offensive
- » Rajesh Kumar Sachdeva: Bulgaria Emerging as Destination for Indian Film Industry
- » Bulgaria, Sudan Mark 60 Years of Diplomatic Relations
- » Irit Lillian: History Should Not Be Most Important Element in Israel-Bulgara Relations