Spain Holds Early Election after Failed Govt Talks
Spanish voters have headed to the polls for an early elections, after the last vote in December failed to produce a government.
The conservative Popular Party is expected to win the most votes for another time, but polls predict it will fall short of a majority.
PP leader Mariano Rajoy has called for stability and consolidation in view of the Brexit referendum earlier this week.
Some polls suggest left-wing, anti-austerity party Podemos, whose anti-establishment rhetoric turned it into the one of the big Spanish parties in just five years, would come second, overtaking on the socialist PSOE party of Pedro S?nchez.
Podemos has recently toned down its radical rhetoric to appeal to more moderate voters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission is Skeptical about the Schengen Compensation requested by Romania
- » On Sunday the Istanbul Convention becomes binding in the EU
- » Sweden seeks Military Help against Gang Violence
- » The EU guarantees the Stay of Ukrainian Refugees until March 2025
- » The European Commission announced Five Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria
- » The Recession in Germany will be Deeper than Expected