Bulgarian National Sought in Interpol Anti-Smuggling Operation
Interpol has published a list of people sought within its Operation Infra Hydra, targeting the smuggling of migrants from the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia.
Kolyo Georgiev Kolev, a Bulgarian national, is accused of "transporting Afghan nationals in to Austria via Bulgaria, Romania and Hungary," the organization says.
"His vehicle was involved in a motorway accident in which two migrants were killed."
Kolev is being targeted by Hungary.
Separately, Bulgaria is looking for Amer Thron, a Iraqi national "accused of smuggling Iraqi nationals across the Bulgarian border."
The ten targets whose names are listed "have been specifically highlighted as part of the public appeal."
As many as 57 people have been arrested of a total of 180 people from 31 member states still being sought.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Police detained 43 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa