Bulgarian Olympic Medalist Will Not Box at Rio Olympics
Bulgarian boxer Tervel Pulev will not participate at the forthcoming Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro later this summer.
Pulev, who claimed a bronze medal in the men's boxing heavyweight division (91 kg) at the 2012 Olympics in London, complained on Tuesday of the accumulation of several micro injuries in his hand.
This has prevented him from strictly following his training schedule, which has been completed only at 30-40 %, a result that is not satisfactory enough.
Therefore, he sees no point to contest the only Olympic qualification, in which he is entitled to participate.
Tervel, who is the younger brother of reigning European heavyweight champion Kubrat Pulev, won bronze medal at the latest edition of the European boxing championship held in Bulgaria's Samokov last year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Australia warns Djokovic's Family over Russian Flag and Symbols
- » The Young Players who can Transform Bulgarian Football
- » Poland called the upcoming Matches between Bulgarian and Russian Football Clubs a "Disgrace
- » A Russian and a Ukrainian will Fight for Bulgaria
- » What Makes Online Sportsbooks Appealing
- » Stoichkov: Thank you, King, Rest in Peace!