Bulgaria Has Potential to Draw Investment under 'Juncker Plan' - MEP
Several thousand small and medium enterprises are expected to benefit from the EU Commission's recent investment plan between 2017 and 2020, Eva Paunova, an MEP from Bulgaria (GERB/EPP group), has said.
In an interview with daily 24 Chasa, Paunova has noted that as many as 300 agreements have been signed with Bulgarian businesses that are to receive funding under three deals with commercial banks and a new operational program due to be launched in 2017.
The total value of investment they could draw in the next three years is BGN 1 B (around EUR 500 M), Paunova has noted.
Bulgaria has only secured some EUR 40 M under the so-called Juncker Plan (a popular name for the European Commission's Investment Plan for Europe) aimed at unlocking at least EUR 315 B in public and private investment over the course of several years.
Paunova, however, has added that Bulgaria was one of the first ten countries to seek their inclusion in the "first pillar" of the plan which targets SMEs.
Bulgarian municipalities can also put forward their ideas to entrepreneurs who would like to benefit from the "second pillar" that is mostly related to infrastructure, digital technologies, and energy efficiency.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moo Lander the all-Bulgarian Computer Game with Cows will be Officially Released on May 27
- » CEE VC Summit by Vestbee gathered VC Fund Managers from all around Europe
- » President of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development to Visit Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Heating Companies want up to 332% Increase in the Price of Heating and Hot Water
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 will continue to support the Country in the Transition to a Carbon neutral Future
- » Russia has allowed Gas Supplies to Gazprom Germany for 90 days