EU Regional Commissioner, Bulgarian PM to Open Conference on Cohesion Policy
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and EU Regional Policy Commissioner Corina Cretu are set to open a conference on the results of cohesion policies across the EU.
Titled “The Result Orientation: Cohesion Policy at Work”, it is the first conference Bulgaria is hosting on the issue. The country has been largely benefiting from funding that aims at removing disparities across the bloc.
Cretu begins on Thursday her third visit to Bulgaria since she assumed office.
The forum brings together some 500 participants, including EU officials, but also civil servants at national administrations.
Results of the 2007-2013 program and funds used under it will top the agenda, in view of the ongoing 2014-2020 period.
Bulgarian Deputy PM Tomislav Donchev and his Slovak counterpart Peter Pellegrini will also attend the conference. The latter will take part as Slovakia is due to take over the Council of the EU's rotational presidency in July 01.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria