Bulgaria's Employment Rate Increased by 0.9 % Y/Y in Q1 – Eurostat
Bulgaria's employment rate increased by 0.9 % in the first quarter of this year compared with the same period last year.
According to the latest figures of Eurostat released on Tuesday, Bulgaria's employment rate increased by 0.3 % compared with the last quarter of 2015.
In both the EU-28 and the euro area, employment increased by 1.4 % compared to the first quarter of 2015 and 0.3 % compared to the last quarter of last year.
According to the estimates, 231.3 million men and women were employed in the 28 member states of the EU in the first quarter of this year, of whom 152.6 million were in the euro area.
This represents the highest employment level in the EU since the third quarter of 2008 and the highest in the euro area since the last quarter of the same year.
In the first quarter of this year, the highest increase in employment rate was registered in the Czech Republic (1.5 %), followed by Lithuania and Hungary.
Te largest drop was recorded in Poland (-0.5 %), followed by Greece, Latvia and the Netherlands.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Juncker Plan: EIAH to Provide Support for New Specialised Children's Hospital in Bulgaria
- » European Commission Invests €1 Billion in Innovative Clean Technology Projects
- » Bulgaria Will Apply For EUR 500 Million of EU for Supporting 60/40 Measure
- » Official: EU Opens Borders to 14 Third Countries
- » Quarantine and PCR Tests for Bulgarians in Several EU countries
- » EC: New Notification by Bulgaria is Required for Construction of Belene NPP