Northern Irish Football Fan Dies in Accident in Nice
A supporter of Northern Ireland has died after an incident in the city of Nice in the early hours on Monday.
The 24-year-old man is believed to had been on his own when he fell about eight metres from a promenade on a rocky beach.
The fall is believed to be an accident and not in any way related to disorder, the BBC informs.
The incident occurred after Sunday’s Euro 2016 Group C encounter between Poland and Northern Ireland in Nice.
Northern Ireland First Minister Arlene Foster, who attended the match on Sunday, expressed condolences to the family of the young man. The Irish Football Association has also expressed sympathy over the tragic death.
Unlike, the violent clashes between Russian and English fans in Marseilles on Saturday, the supporters of Poland and Northern Ireland demonstrated mutual respect and enjoyment of the game.
In its debut appearance at an European Championship, Northern Ireland lost 0-1 after Poland’s Arkadiusz Milik scored in the 51st minute.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Minister: In Croatia they see the Adoption of the Euro as a Way to be Part of Europe’s Heart
- » German Consumer Sentiment Collapses to Record Low due to Inflation and Energy Crisis
- » The Far-Right Won in Italy’s Elections
- » Italy's Elections might Put in Power the most Right-Wing Government since World War II
- » EU: Mobilization and the Referendums show Putin's Desperation
- » Italy could Pay you 15,000 Euros to Move to Sardinia