Maverick Bulgarian Socialist Georgi Kadiev Inaugurates New Political Party
A new Bulgarian political party led by outspoken Socialist dissident Georgi Kadiev was set up on Sunday, vowing to crack down on corruption and promote entrepreneurship.
The new party, Normal State, will aim to get rid domestic politics of ‘oligarchs’ and ‘robber barons’, Kadiev said in a speech to the delegates to the inaugural conference in Sofia who wore white armbands as symbol of unblemished purity and a new beginning.
According to its Statutes, the new formation is a progressive, pro-European political party that will defend the principles of the rule of law, freedom, justice, morality and prosperity.
The party will aim to improve healthcare and education services and promote entrepreneurship in Bulgaria, Kadiev said. He added that tax breaks are needed for people below 30 years of age who set up their own companies.
Kadiev, known as a member of internal opposition within the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), was expelled from the party in September 2015over his decision to run for Sofia Mayor as independent candidate in local elections without endorsement from BSP leaders. A former member of BSP faction in Parliament, he is now an independent MP.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend