Bulgaria’s Retail Trade Turnover Up 5.4% Y/Y in April
Bulgaria’s retail trade turnover adjusted for the number of working days increased by 5.4% year-on-year in April, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) has said.
In a breakdown by sector, turnover increased most in retail trade in clothing, footwear and leather goods, by 21.1%, the NSI said in a monthly survey published on Tuesday.
Retail sales of food, beverages and tobacco increased by 13.2% year-on-year in April and sales via mail or Internet picked up by 8.3%.
Compared with April 2015, retail trade turnover dropped most in the sector dealing in sales of computer hardware and software (-8.4%)
Retail sales of audio and video equipment, paints and glass; and household appliances dropped by 2.2% year-on-year in April 2016.
Sales of motor vehicles are not part of the statistical survey.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ryanair Reduces Its Flights by Additional 20 Percent in October
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 73: No Tension, "Great People's Uprising" Scheduled for September 22
- » Bulgaria: National Plan for Absorption of Covid-19 Funding by End of 2020
- » COVID-19 in Austria: New Measures Announced
- » Bulgaria Borrowed BGN 5 Billion from International Markets
- » NSSI: Average Insurance Income in July is BGN 1058.71