BGN 1.8 M Reportedly Stolen from Post Office in Bulgaria's Haskovo
According to unofficial information, BGN 1.8 M were stolen in the robbery of the central post office which took place in the Bulgarian city of Haskovo early on Wednesday morning.
The police has not disclosed any information on the theft, but it was known that the coffers contained a large sum of money as pensions have been paid out by the post office since Tuesday.
The robbers cut the fence at the back of the post office, broke the lock and entered the building through the staff entrance. The security guard who was on duty in the post office was tied and poured with bleach.
The robbers tried to conceal any traces they might had left by pouring bleach over the floors and spreading hairs, which they had most likely taken from hairdressers. They also dismantled the security cameras.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Three People have been Detained in Bulgaria for Illegal Funding from the EU
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair