Bulgarian Ruling Party MP Caught in Chinese Geography Blunder
Bulgarian lawmaker Tsveta Karayancheva surprised the public with her geography skills, placing China's capital Beijing outside China.
During a parliamentary session, she accused the previous elected government, dominated by the socialist party (BSP) and led by then PM Plamen Oresharski, of failing to bring forward new projects during its tenure.
"The only ribbon cut by Plamen Oresharski is that of a restaurant in Beijing," Tsacheva, one of the core MPs with Bulgaria's biggest party and main government partner GERB, said while speaking from Parliament's rostrum.
"Vietnam," Parliament Speaker Tsetska Tsacheva, also from her party, interjected, referring to Oresharski's visit to Vietnam in 2014.
"Well, Beijing is in Vietnam," Karayancheva retorted.
In both its previous and current term, GERB officials have tended to boast about new infrastructure and business project launched under their auspices, with ribbon cutting enjoying controversial reception from the public.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Assoc. Prof. Kunchev: The Epidemic in Bulgaria is still Far from Over
- » CEM with a New Chairman - Betina Zhoteva
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly