Two Bulgarian Police Officers Detained on Human Trafficking Charges
Two Bulgarian police officers were detained in Blagoevgrad on Wednesday in an operation against suspected women traffickers.
One of the interior minister officials is officer at the first district police department in the city, while the other serves at the Countering Organised Crime unit of the police in Blagoevgrad.
A third suspect, who is known for his pimping activity, has also been arrested.
The operation has been conducted by the interior ministry's internal security unit and has been carried out under the guidance and the supervision of the district prosecution in Blagoevgrad.
Apart from the arrests, the authorities are also interrogating witnesses and conducting searches and seizures.
More information is to be provided by the prosecuting authorities at a briefing later on Wednesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven