Bulgarian Parliamentary Committee Adopts Ban on Face-Covering Veils
Members of Bulgaria's Religious Denominations and Human Rights parliamentary committee adopted at first reading on Thursday a bill which proposes to ban the wearing of garments concealing the face in public places.
The bill proposed by the Patriotic Front (PF) was backed by MPs from the largest ruling party GERB, the junior coalition partner Reformist Bloc (RB) and the largest opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP).
MPs from the second largest opposition Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) abstained, demanding more precise definition of the terms “face”, “head” and “parts of the face” appearing in the proposed bill.
The interior and justice ministries and the State Agency for National Security (DANS) have also expressed their support for the bill. According to the bill, the ban will not be applicable in places of worship.
On Thursday, Sliven became the third Bulgarian city to introduce a ban on the wearing of garments concealing the face in public places.
The ban, which had been tabled by the mayor of Sliven, was adopted at a meeting of the municipal council.
The mayor said that the wearing of garments concealing the face hampers the identification of people. According to him, the introduction of the ban will increase the feeling of security among citizens.
- » Only Eco-cars will have Access to the Center of Sofia
- » The Bulgarian Police will Increase Checks on Buses and TIR Trucks
- » Sofia's Electronic Ticket System in Public Transport will Cost over BGN 73 Million
- » Bulgaria Parliament Bars Government from Signing Deals on Migrant Readmissions
- » The Bulgarian Customs have Collected nearly BGN 4.6 Billion for the First Half of the Year
- » 1/3 of the Farmers in Bulgaria are over 65 Years of Age
In reality this ban will have absolutely no significance.. it will not increase the fertility of the educated females in Bulgaria... it will not stop the outflow of young people.. nothing just making a problem less visible.. end even this will not be achieved.. just diversion form the resent debts that the government made.. debts that will crash this nation in the next 5-6 years.