Bulgaria’s Services Turnover Index Picks up 8% Y/Y in Q1 2016
The turnover index in Bulgaria’s services sector adjusted for the number of workdays rose by 8% year-on-year for the first quarter of 2016, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) announced on Wednesday.
The most significant increase was registered in the sub-index measuring activities in Postal and Courier Services (13.1%) and Warehousing and Support for Transportation (10.8%). A decrease was observed in Water Transport and Air Transport services, by 6% and 3.5%, respectively.
The turnover sub-index for the Information and Communication Services sector increased by 9.2% year-on-year in first quarter of 2016. The largest increase was posted in Production of Films, Video and TV Programmes (28%) and Information Services (25.4%).
The sub-index measuring the activities in the sector of Other Business Services also rose in the first quarter of 2016 compared to the same period last year. The largest increase, 63.1%, was registered in in Office Support services, while a drop of 9.5% was observed in the subsector of Architectural and Engineering Activities, the NSI said in a quarterly survey.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Exports to Romania Increase by over 40%
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1
- » Bulgaria: The Business Climate in Industry and Commerce is Improving
- » Bulgaria: Over 31% Jump in Electricity Production in November 2022
- » According to Deputy PM, it is Still Realistic for Bulgaria to Adopt the Euro in 2024
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price