Former Mayor of Bulgaria's Petrich Charged with Malfeasance in Office
The district prosecutor's office in the Bulgarian town of Petrich charged on Thursday the former mayor of the municipality, Velyo Iliev, with malfeasance in office.
The investigation established that in the period between 1 July 2007 and 19 October 2011, Iliev in his capacity as mayor, failed to fulfill his official duties.
The former mayor did not conduct public tenders for the supply of medicines and medical products for military veterans and disabled military veterans.
The BGN 926 281 tender was awarded directly to a municipal firm from Petrich, causing considerable harmful consequences to the municipality.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo