Bokova to Nominate Football Legend Stoichkov as UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador
UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova is set to nominate football legend Hristo Stoichkov as Goodwill Ambassador with UNESCO.
Stoichkov will be Bokova's endorsement in the category UNESCO Champion for Sport.
The development will take place during next week, while Bokova will be in Bulgaria, according to daily 24 Chasa.
She made the announcement during an annual meeting of UNESCO goodwill ambassadors in Paris also attended by stars such as Jean-Michel Jarre and Claudia Cardinale.
In an interview with the Bulgarian National Television after the event, the French musician called Bokova's candidacy to take over as UN Secretary General "the best news of the decade... With her work for UNESCO in the past years she proved her energy, intellect and vision of the future can be an influence on all of us."
The news also days before Stoichkov's 50th anniversary (which was in February) is to be marked with a special show in Sofia in May 02, with football stars from around the world having said they will attend.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Summoned Bulgaria’s Ambassador due to the Expelled Priests
- » Vice-President Yotova: Bulgaria is Fully Behind Albania's European Future
- » Russia’s Ambassador: Bulgaria is Rewriting its History
- » Turkey’s Ambassador: The Investments of Turkish companies in Bulgaria reach 2.5 billion euros
- » Ambassador Raykov: British authorities have officially confirmed that the 3 Bulgarians are in Prison
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to the UK: The Embassy was Not Informed about the Detention of our Citizens