Bulgaria's DPS Party Appoints Five Deputies
The Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) has picked five people as deputies to Mustafa Karadayi, who was recently elected as chair of the third-biggest party in Bulgaria's Parliament.
New Deputy Chairs include MEP Filiz Hyusmenova, Parliament Deputy Speaker Aliosman Imamov, MPs Yanko Yankov and Ahmed Ahmedov, and Kardzhali Mayor Hasan Azis.
Karzdhali is the biggest regional center with a majority of Bulgarian Turks.
The DPS, for its part, is liberal, ethnic Turk-dominated party which recently underwent leadership change, with its former chair Lyutvi Mestan being expelled last year after openly siding with Turkey on the downing of the Su-24 fighter-bomber.
It is also Bulgaria's second-biggest opposition party.
- » Distribution of Over BGN 620 Thousand Worth of Pensions in Bulgaria is Temporarily Suspended
- » Warning of Dangerous Undercurrents Along the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Traffic on Struma Motorway Expected to be Allowed Partially from Friday
- » Bulgarian PM: Government is Implementing Consistent Policy to Build and Renovate Sports Facilities Across the Country
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescuers: Injured Tourist near Malyovitsa Peak is Safe
- » Restoration of the Viaduct of Struma Motorway Will Cost BGN 1.86 million