Mariya Stoyanova Elected Chair of Bulgaria's Media Watchdog
Council on Electronic Media (CEM) member and interim head Mariya Stoyanova has been elected permanent chairperson of the Bulgarian broadcast media watchdog after a vote of the council members.
She was appointed ad interim early in April following the resignation of Georgi Lozanov, a month before his term of office expired, saying he did not want to be involved in the licensing of a TV station.
Stoyanova's candidacy was backed by four council members and opposed by only one.
Her name was put forward by Betina Zhoteva and Sofiya Vladimirova, two of the three CEM members who took up office at the end of April.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend