Bulgarian Police Detain 17 Irregular Migrants near Yambol
Bulgarian police have found 17 irregular migrants in an abandoned building near the city of Yambol, in the country’s southeast, private Darik radio station reported on Saturday.
The migrants – eight men, three women and six children – claimed they were of Afghan origin. None of them carried identity documents.
Police, who detained the people on Friday morning, later sent them to a migrant distribution centre in the nearby town of Elhovo to establish their identity.
More than 1,000 irregular migrants have been detained inside Bulgaria this year, including 300 in March alone, according to data from the Ministry of the Interior.
- » The Young Bulgarian who Disappeared in the UK was Found Dead
- » 383 kg of Drugs Seized by Bulgarian Customs have been Burned
- » Interpol Saved 50 Children from a Pedophile Ring
- » Five illegal Migrants Caught Attempting to Cross the Danube
- » Man Shot his Ex-Wife in Shumen
- » 29 Guest Houses in Kyustendil Area Inspected by Economic Police