Bulgarian Police Detain 17 Irregular Migrants near Yambol
Bulgarian police have found 17 irregular migrants in an abandoned building near the city of Yambol, in the country’s southeast, private Darik radio station reported on Saturday.
The migrants – eight men, three women and six children – claimed they were of Afghan origin. None of them carried identity documents.
Police, who detained the people on Friday morning, later sent them to a migrant distribution centre in the nearby town of Elhovo to establish their identity.
More than 1,000 irregular migrants have been detained inside Bulgaria this year, including 300 in March alone, according to data from the Ministry of the Interior.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo