Belarus Flag Carrier Sees Rise in Demand for Bulgarian Routes
Demand for holiday flights to Bulgaria and Montenegro has increased in 2016, Belarus flag carrier Belavia has said.
At the same time, demand for routes to Turkey and Greece from tourists has dropped, Belarus news agency BelTA quoted Belavia Director General, Anatoly Gusarov, as telling media earlier this week.
The company was doing its best to meet demand for holiday flights from Belarus citizens, Gusarov added.
About 96,000 tourists from Belarus visited Bulgaria last year, according to data from the Tourism Ministry in Sofia.
Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov said during a visit to Minsk last month that his country expected a rise in the number of tourists from Belarus in 2016.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More than 3,500 Police Officers will provide Security in Athens during Pope Francis' Visit
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine