Bulgarian Socialists Start Congress
Bulgaria’s main opposition Socialists will elect a new party leader for a four-year term at a congress that started on Saturday.
Twenty-eight nominations for leader of the second-biggest political party in Bulgaria have been made prior to the opening of the two-day congress in the National Palace of Culture in Sofia.
Korneliya Ninova, a Socialist MP, who emerged as the main contender for the top party post, has said that she expects a tight race.
The current BSP leader Mihail Mikov, who is seeking re-election, will present a political report and reports on the activities of the party’s National Council as well as BSP activities at parliamentary level.
The party’s 49th congress will adopt a political declaration and elect members of its governing bodies.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend