Lufthansa Strike to Cancel Flights Between Bulgaria, Germany on Wednesday
A strike of Lufthansa employees will cancel flights between the Bulgarian capital and the airports in Frankfurt and Munich on Wednesday.
Sofia airport informed that two flights to and from Frankfurt will be cancelled, namely the one departing at 6.40 o'clock (EET) and the one arriving at 13.15 o'clock (EET).
A total of four flights between Sofia and Munich will also be cancelled, namely those scheduled to depart for Munich at 6.15 and 13 o'clock (EET) as well as those scheduled to arrive in Sofia at 11.50 and 22.10 o'clock (EET).
The strike is staged by the German Union Verdi and encompasses ground handling, check-in and security services as well as section of the fire brigades, with delays and cancellations of flights possible.
It began in Bremen on Tuesday, with the strike extending to Frankfurt, Munich, Dusseldorf, Cologne, Dortmund and partly Hannover on Wednesday.
The strike will affect both domestic and international flights, with all international flights to and from the airport in Munich to be cancelled.
The union is demanding 6 % wage rise for around two million public service employees as well as EUR 100 monthly increase in the remuneration paid to trainees.
The next round of negotiations between the union and the government will be held on Thursday and Friday. The union had rejected an earlier offer for 3 % wage increase over a period of two years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU: A Ruble Account with Gazprombank Violates the Sanctions
- » EC: Bulgaria should Reduce its overall Dependence on Fossil Fuels and their Imports
- » 30% of all Liquefied Gas supplies to Greece are for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: Gas Stations are Using the Moment to Make more Profit
- » Italy and Germany have allowed use of Accounts in Rubles for Russian Gas
- » Russia Cuts Off Finland's Gas on Saturday