Daniel Mitov Discussing Migration, EU-Turkey Deal with EP’s Elmar Brok
The migration crisis in Europe and progress in the implementation of the related EU-Turkey deal have been on the agenda of a meeting of Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov with the Chairman of the European Parliament Committee on Foreign Affairs Elmar Brok.
"Bulgaria is a stable partner; we’ve always protected and continue to protect Europe’s external border,” Mitov noted at the meeting in Sofia, the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Monday.
The settling of conflicts in Syria and Libya which are seen as the root cause for migration from those countries, as well as the political crisis in Macedonia were also discussed at the meeting.
Other items on the agenda included Europe’s energy security and Bulgaria’s preparedness to join the EU’s free-travel Schengen area, according to the statement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece and Turkey to Resolve Their Disputes in Istanbul
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus