Sofia Mayor Asks Public Transport Operator's Management to Resign
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova has called on the entire board of the Sofia Urban Mobility Center, a municipal company running public transport services and managing the use of parking spaces, to step down.
The move has followed the resignation of Deputy Mayor Lyubomir Hristov, who oversaw the transport sector, and a lawmaker over irregularities in a public tender that was awarded by the company for the equipment of fifty bus stops in the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
"Since the beginning of April I have assigned a thorough check of public tenders awarded by the Sofia Urban Mobility Center. By the time it is over, I will ask for the resignations of everyone on the board," Daily 24 Chasa quotes Fandakova as saying.
The company's management includes a former road transport administration official, a former journalist with the Bulgarian News Agency who used to cover municipal issues, two university lacturers, and the ex-head of the Bulgarian sambo federation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend