Bulgaria’s Sunny Beach Tops Bargain Destinations for UK Tourists in Europe - Survey
Bulgaria’s Black Sea resort of Sunny Beach remains the best value-for-money holiday destination for British tourists in 2016 for the third straight year, a new survey has shown.
“Cheap local prices in the 10 best value resorts in Europe have cushioned the impact of sterling’s slide,” the 10th annual UK Post Office Travel Money Holiday Costs Barometer has found.
Sunny Beach, or Slantchev Bryag in Bulgarian, tops the list of Europe’s bargain destinations again mainly due to low meal prices, with a two-course lunch for two at less than GBP 7 and under GBP 22 for a three-course evening meal with wine, according to the survey.
The barometer uses a basket of 10 staples (meals, drinks, suncream, insect repellent and newspaper) to compare the costs for UK holidaymakers across Europe.
Even though the price of the basket at Sunny Beach has risen by 9.3%compared with 2015, reaching GBP 41.55, tourist staples are still up to 23% lower than in 2014 and up to 45% cheaper than in 2011, the survey has revealed.
Sunny Beach is followed by the Algarve, Portugal and Limassol, Cyprus, with the price of the basket of 10 staples at around GBP 47 and GBP 51.82, respectively.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » WizzAir launches a New Route from Bulgaria to Albania
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » Bulgaria: No more Dogs on the Beach in Varna
- » Summer Holiday in Bulgaria: Visitors can now Prepay Online for Umbrellas and Sunbeds on the Beach