Migration, EU-Turkey Ties, Energy in Focus of Bulgarian Foreign Minister’s Visit to Germany
The migration crisis in Europe, the EU-Turkey relations and the fight against the Islamic State group have been among the main topics of talks between the foreign ministers of Bulgaria and Germany in Berlin, the foreign ministry in Sofia said on Wednesday.
Daniel Mitov and Frank-Walter Steinmeier also discussed the situation in Ukraine and the western Balkans as well as Europe’s energy security, the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
Mitov is on an official visit to Berlin April 12-14.
"The international community should focus its efforts on eliminating the root causes of the unprecedented refugee flow as well as countering the actions of Islamic State in Syria and Iraq, which threaten to spill into the neighboring countries with unpredictable consequences for migratory pressure," Mitov said during his talks with Frank-Walter Steinmeier, according to the statement.
Daniel Mitov has also assured Frank-Walter Steinmeier of Bulgaria’s active and consistent support for the process of EU enlargement. In this context, Mitov welcomed the intensification of EU-Turkey dialogue, stressing that Ankara is an important partner of the EU in a number of international matters, including migration.
During his visit, Daniel Mitov attended an event marking the 20th anniversary of the German-Bulgarian Forum, a private organization of Bulgarian and German businesses presided by German lawmaker Gernot Erler (SPD).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » ‘Sofa-gate’ Brings More Headaches for EU
- » US Ready to Expel Russian Diplomats, Impose New Sanctions
- » Foreign Diplomats Leave North Korea Capital amid Acute Shortage of Essential Goods
- » Russian Ambassador Invited to Italy’s Foreign Ministry amid Espionage Case
- » North Macedonia Comes out with Protest Note in Response to Bulgarian MEP Outburst
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Invited Ambassador of North Macedonia for Conversation