Bulgarian Cabinet Allocates BGN 119 M to Infrastructure Projects
At its regular meeting on Wednesday, the Bulgarian government approved additional expenses to the budget of the regional ministry for 2016 amounting to slightly over BGN 119 M.
The funds will be allocated for preventive maintenance of the road network mainly in northern Bulgaria, repair works and the completion of road infrastructure projects across the country.
The funds will be used for completing and rehabilitating facilities of exceptional state and public importance, with the aim being to develop the road infrastructure and increase the road traffic safety.
Among the projects to receive funding are roads in the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Razgrad, Silistra as well as key facilities on Hemus motorway – the tunnels Vitinya and Echemishka and the Eleshnitsa viaduct.
The cabinet also provided BGN 15 M to the budget of Sofia municipality for the construction of the third line of the underground from Vladimir Vazov boulevard to Krasno Selo neighbourhood, which has a projected length of eight kilometres and eight stations.
Some of the resources will also be used for co-funding the extension of metro line 2 in southern direction from James Bourchier boulevard to Hladilnika neighbourhood with one station.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Growth in Bulgaria’s Gross Domestic Product
- » Asen Vassilev: Within 2 weeks Bulgaria will have a Draft Budget 2023 with a 3% Deficit
- » Over 75% of Bulgarians have Difficulty covering their Daily Expenses
- » The EC Plans to Extend the Ban of Imports of Ukrainian Wheat to Bulgaria and 4 more countries
- » Kristalina Georgieva: There is no significant slowdown in Lending
- » Bulgaria might File a Claim against Gazprom