Bulgaria Strives to Become Year-Round Tourist Destination
Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova stated that one of the main aims of the tourism ministry is to turn Bulgaria into a year-round tourist destination.
Angelkova said this in an interview for the Bulgarian National Television (BNT) on Wednesday.
Among the other priorities of the ministry are to welcome a large number of tourists, to develop sustainable tourism and to encourage tourists to visit the interior of the country.
According to Angelkova, the recent instances of citizens arresting migrants who had illegally crossed the country's borders could have a negative effect on the tourist image of Bulgaria.
She explained that it takes years to create the image of Bulgaria as a year-round tourist destination
and this is done in close cooperation with the tourist sector and local authorities.
The minister also commented the competition for the new tourist logo of the country which is organised in cooperation with the Union of Bulgarian Artists and the National Art Academy.
Angelkova said that more than 170 proposals had been submitted before the deadline expired last week.
At present, the first stage of the competition, in which the professional jury is assessing the proposals, is taking place.
Once this stage is completed, the selected proposals will be subject to public discussion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » No More Mandatory Masks on Airports and Planes in Europe
- » Bulgaria Air's Direct Scheduled Flights from Sofia to Crete will Start on May 22
- » No more Flights between Bulgaria and North Macedonia in the Near Future
- » We can enter Greece without a COVID Certificate from May 1
- » The Train from Istanbul to Sofia is Restored from Today
- » The US has revoked the Recommendation not to Travel to Bulgaria