Bulgaria’s Security Agency Conducts Inspection at State Fund Agriculture
Bulgaria’s State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the specialized prosecutor’s office conducted an inspection at the State Fund Agriculture on Wednesday.
The executive director of the fund, Rumen Porozhanov, revealed that the authorities requested documents concerning contracts under the Rural Development programme.
In an interview for private bTV station on Thursday, Porozhanov said that all requested documents have been provided, but he refused to comment on the exact nature of the inspection.
He pointed that the state fund is subject of frequent inspections, adding that it is good to inspect all signals of irregularities.
Porozhanov did not comment whether the inspection had anything to do with the dismissal of the state fund’s official Yanko Chervenyakov on Monday.
In the words of the executive director, the dismissal of Chervenyakov was his personal decision, with the motives outlined in the statement released to media.
According to the statement, Chervenyakov was dismissed after an investigation established that he had not declared his property as required by civil servants.
Porozhanov expressed readiness to submit his resignation if he is asked to step down by those who had appointed him.
The executive director revealed that due to irregularities in the past months, payments have not been made on a series of projects which have applied for EU funding.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kristalina Georgieva: There is no significant slowdown in Lending
- » Bulgaria might File a Claim against Gazprom
- » Spurred by Film and TV Production, Canadian Entertainment Industry Continues to Surge
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension