Hijacked EgyptAir Airplane Lands in Cyprus
An airplane of EgyptAir conducting domestic flight MS181 has landed at the airport of Larnaca on Tuesday after being hijacked and ordered to divert its route to Cyprus.
It is believed that there is at least one armed man on board, with the hijacker claiming he was wearing a suicide belt.
The hijacked Airbus A320 was conducting a domestic flight between Alexandria and Cairo, with around eighty people believed to be on board.
The hijacker has not made any immediate demands after the landing, but has asked police to stay away from the aircraft.
The airport in Larnaca has been closed and scheduled flights have been diverted elsewhere.
The children and women were reportedly allowed to get off from the aircraft and were transferred by bus.
According to the Twitter account of EgyptAir, the negotiations with the hijacker have resulted in the release of all passengers, except the crew members and four foreign passengers.
Media reports have identified the hijacker as Ibrahim Samaha, an Egyptian citizen, who checked in at the airport in Alexandria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Countries for Collective Purchase of Ammunition are Now 24 - Bulgaria is Not Among Them
- » Air Blockade in Israel until Netanyahu reverses Judicial Reform
- » Day 397 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv wants Emergency UN Meeting over Putin’s Nuclear Plans
- » After Joining Schengen: The Last Border Checks in Croatia have been Abolished
- » Elon Musk valued Twitter at just 20 Billion Dollars
- » Economists expect a Recession and High Inflation in the US