Bulgaria's Counter-Intelligence to Work with NATO on Crisis Management
Counter-intelligence and domestic security agency DANS is the body that will work in tight cooperation with NATO on crisis management and disaster response, the cabinet has announced.
At its cabinet meeting it has approved a draft agreement on that allows the State Agency for National Securityu (DANS) to interact with the alliance's Crisis Management and Disaster Response Center of Excellence (CMDR COE) and exchange information related to “the assessment of threats stemming from espionage, sabotage, terrorist and subversive activity carried out by hostile intelligence services, terror organizations and elements and definition of measures taken.”
NATO has a CMDR COE in Sofia which was officially opened last year.
- » Eight Countries will Participate in the largest NATO Military Exercise in Bulgaria
- » Turkey has Completed the Construction of a 764-kilometer Concrete Wall on the Syrian Border
- » The Bulgarian Army will have New Combat Equipment
- » Aleksandar Vucic: "We have been Warned - if we Send Soldiers to Kosovo..."
- » Qatar Seeks Full Membership in NATO
- » Jens Stoltenberg: If Iran Invades Israel, NATO will not intervene