Vatican's State Secretary Visits Bulgaria as Catholics Celebrate Palm Sunday
The Secretary of State of the Vatican, Cardinal Pietro Parolin, arrived in Bulgaria on Sunday as Catholics around the world are celebrating Palm Sunday.
Cardinal Parolin will be on a two-day official visit to Bulgaria on Sunday and Monday on the invitation of Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and the Catholic Church in Bulgaria.
Cardinal Parolin began his visit by participating in a service on the consecration of the Assumption of Mary temple of the Catholic Apostolic Exarchate in Sofia.
Later on Sunday, His Eminence is to serve a mass in the Catholic cathedral of Saint Joseph in the Bulgarian capital.
On Monday, Prime Minister Borisov will receive the Vatican's secretary of state at the building of Council of Ministers.
Cardinal Parolin is scheduled to also meet with Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Bulgarian Patriarch Neofit and the members of the Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church and the country's Chief Mufti Mustafa Hadzhi.
His Eminence is also to hold meetings with the Catholic clergy and religious organisations in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 275 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Business Lends a Hand: Career Forum for Ukrainian Refugees
- » Volunteer from Varna: Ukrainian Refugees Feel Abandoned in Bulgaria
- » Active Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria fell below 100,000
- » Protest of Employees from Sofia’s Public Transport Blocked Three Intersections
- » Public Transport in Sofia will Not Stop Tomorrow but there will be Heavy Traffic due to Protests