French Police Arrest Four Suspected of Planning Terror Attacks
French police have arrested four people suspected of planning imminent terror attacks in Paris, French TV channel TF1 reported on Wednesday.
Three men and one women were arrested at dawn in Paris and the nearby suburb of Seine-Saint-Denis.
French domestic security service DGSI had files on the four suspects for links to radical Islam, TF1 said on its website.
Among the suspects are the brothers Aytac et Ercan B., two French citizens Turkish origin. DGSI was particularly interested in Youssef E., an Islamist well known to anti-terrorist police, TF 1 said.
Police arrested Youssef two years ago as he was preparing to leave to wage jihad in Syria. He was released from prison in October last year and has been under house arrest since the end of February 2016 under France’s state of emergency introduced after the terror attacks on 13 November 2015 which killed 130 people, according to the TV channel.
There has been no immediate comment about the arrests from the French authorities.
The arrests come a day after Belgian riot police and French officers were involved in a raid on an apartment in Brussels that ended in a shoot-out with at least two suspects. One of the suspects was killed and later identified as Algerian national Mohamed Belkaid.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin signed the Laws to Annex Four Ukrainian Territories
- » EU countries agreed on the Eighth Package of Sanctions against Russia
- » The Bulgarian MEPs with a Joint Declaration on Schengen
- » Day 224 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv's Counteroffensive against Moscow's forces continues
- » US, South Korea test-fire Missiles in response to North Korea
- » The UN awarded Merkel for accepting more than 1 Million Refugees