Putin Orders Russian Troops to Begin Leaving Syria on March 15
Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered to start withdrawing Russian troops from Syria on Tuesday.
"I think that the tasks set to the defense ministry have been generally fulfilled. That is why I order to begin withdrawal of the main part of our military group from the Syrian Arab Republic starting from tomorrow," Putin said on Monday at a meeting with Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu and Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, according to TASS.
"The efficient work of our military has created conditions for the start of a peace process," Putin added.
Putin has also expressed hope that the start of the troops’ pullout would become a strong incentive for negotiations between the rival political forces in Syria and asked Sergey Lavrov to step up Russia’s participation in the efforts to resolve the Syrian crisis by peaceful means.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia proposes to send a North Korean into Space
- » Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin Dead after Plane Crash in Russia
- » At least 27 People Died after an Explosion at a Gas Station in Russia
- » Threat of Expulsion: Russians must take an Exam in Latvia
- » Russian Civil War: Putin threatened all those Guilty of Insurrection will Suffer Punishment
- » Invasion of Russia Day 1? Incursion in Belgorod Region by Russian Volunteers