Bulgarian Authorities Detain 32 Illegal Migrants, Seven Smugglers
Bulgarian authorities detained on Thursday 32 illegal migrants and seven suspected human smugglers near the border towns of Lyubimets and Svilengrad.
The officers from the district department in Svilengrad reacted to a signal which informed them about a group of foreigners who had illegally crossed the border near the village of Sladun.
The police officers detected the illegal migrants as they were about to board three vehicles parked nearby, which were destined to transport them to the interior of the country.
The migrant group consisted of eight women, six men and eighteen children, none of them possessing identity documents.
Later the foreigners were identified as coming from Syria, Iraq and Turkey, the interior ministry informs.
The authorities also detained the seven Bulgarians suspected of human smuggling, five of whom have have criminal record.
The migrants have been accommodated at Lyubimets, while the smugglers have been detained for 72 hours.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia
- » Prosecutor General: The US Settlement with Nexo has Nothing to do with the Bulgarian Investigation
- » The Nexo Affair Ended in the US, but Not in Bulgaria