Sofia Philharmonic to Play 11 Hours of Music Marking Liberation Day
A musical marathon has kicked off at the Bulgaria hall in central Sofia to mark the Bulgarian National holiday, the Liberation Day, on March 03.
Between 11:00 and 22:00 local time, the Sofia Philharmonic Orchestra will perform 11 hours of Bulgarian music ranging from folklore, choir music, and pieces by Bulgarian classical composers (many of them also based on folklore).
The event is being held under the auspices of Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova.
For just BGN 6, anyone interested in the event will be granted unlimited access to the marathon and whichever part of it they choose to visit, as many times as they wish to enter.
Renowned Bulgarian musicians such as kaval performer Theodosii Spasov and composer and pianist Viktor Chuchkov will take part in the event.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Saints Sophia, Faith, Hope and Love
- » Bulgaria Marks 'End of Summer' - The Holy Cross Day
- » The Legacy of Spartacus, Bulgaria's Most Famous Gladiator
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Unification Day
- » Sofia English Comedy Night with Leeor Brooks
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the 143rd Anniversary of the Shipka Epopee