Repair Works Expected to Hamper Traffic on Danube Bridge at Bulgaria’s Ruse
Drivers should expect disruptions to traffic on the Danube bridge connecting the Bulgarian city of Ruse and the Romanian town of Giurgiu in the next months.
The reason for the expected disruptions is the renewal of planned repair works on the Romanian side of the Danube bridge.
The repairs had been initially scheduled for completion in March, but were postponed for the spring due to the harsh winter.
As of Monday, movement on the bridge will be carried out only in one lane of the bridge, private bTV station informs.
The repairs foresee the replacement of the concrete slabs, which will lead to temporary suspension of traffic.
This will be carried out at hours with little traffic and will be announced in advance.
The repairs are expected to be completed at the end of April. Until then, drivers are advised to consider ample amount of time for crossing the bridge.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's External Debt Jumped to 45.1 Billion Euros
- » Due to Imports from Ukraine: 50% of Bulgarian Honey remains Unrealized
- » Bulgarian Grain Producers continue their Protest against the Import of Grain from Ukraine
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Gas with another 3% down
- » Bulgarian Grain Producers begin three days of Protest Action
- » Bulgaria, Greece and Italy bought Gas from Azerbaijan for 1.6 Billion Euros in January