Bulgarian Parliament Elects Tsvetan Tsvetanov Head of Domestic Security Commission
Tsvetan Tsvetanov, leader of the MPs from the main party in the governing coalition, GERB, has been elected chairman of the Domestic Security and Public Order Commission in Parliament, replacing Atanas Atanasov.
Tsvetanov was elected to the post in a 145-7 vote with three abstentions in Parliament on Friday. He had served as Minister of the Interior in the previous GERB government (2009-2013).
Tsvetanov is seen as the driving force behind GERB's local structures across the country and has been in charge of organizing the party’s election campaigns.
Atanas Atanasov, from the right-wing DSB party, left the position of commission chairman in December after DSB, which is part of the junior partner in the governing coalition, the Reformist Bloc, went into opposition to the cabinet.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend