IOM: Migrant Arrivals in Greece by Sea Drop in February Due to Bad Weather
An estimated 83,201 migrants and refugees have arrived in Europe between 1 January and 11 February, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) announced on Friday.
Some 77,303 of those people, or 92% arrived on the Greek islands in the Aegean Sea from Turkey, IOM said in a news release.
The number of arrivals in Greece by sea has fallen in February due to bad weather. An estimated 5,110 migrants arrived in the first 10 days of February, compared to 72,193 in the whole of January.
About 44%of January arrivals were from Syria, 27%from Afghanistan, and 17% fromIraq, IOM said, citing data of Greek police.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbia votes in favor of EU-backed judicial reform, Vucic himself announces result
- » The deadline for a scheduled vaccination of Greeks over 60 has expired, 90% have been vaccinated
- » Croatia's Population has Shrunk by nearly 400,000 in the last 10 years
- » North Macedonia has Released Vlado Buckovski as Chief Negotiator with Bulgaria
- » SDSM Leader: North Macedonia and Albania have done Everything, Now it's the EU's Turn
- » New Government in North Macedonia