Bulgaria's Borovets Hosts European Cup Ladies' Giant Slalom
The Bulgarian resort of Borovets is hosting the ladies' giant slalom of the FIS European Cup on Friday and Saturday.
The official opening will take place at 17.45 o'clock on Friday with free mulled wine provided to all.
The opening will be followed by the award ceremony of Friday's winners and the draw for the competition on Saturday.
Bulgaria will be represented by Maria Kirkova, Vera Asenova, Mihaela Kehayova and Daniela Elinova.
The Popangelov track where the giant slalom is being held will remain closed to visitors until Saturday.
All other tracks are open and in excellent condition, being suitable for both beginners and more experienced skiers and snowboarders.
The resort is providing free entrance and transport to spectators during the two days of the giant slalom.
This year the oldest Bulgarian winter resort is celebrating its 120th anniversary.
This is the second major ski competition in Bulgaria this week after Pamporovo hosted the European Cup ladies' slalom on Tuesday and Wednesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 10,000 Spectators Allowed at Tokyo Olympics Events
- » Danish Football Star Eriksen to Have Heart Surgery and ‘heart-starter’ Implanted
- » Bulgaria’s Golden Girls Shine Bright at EChVarna 2021
- » Euro 2020 Begins in Rome with Emphatic Ceremony
- » Euro 2020 Starts off in Rome Today, Italy Hosts Turkey in First Match
- » Bulgaria Lost 0:3 to World Champion France in Paris