Assarel Medet Wins Bulgaria’s 2015 Investor of the Year Award
Bulgarian copper mining and processing company Assarel Medet has won the 2015 Investor of the Year award of the government’s investment promotion agency, capital.bg has reported.
Assarel Medet and its majority-owned Asarel Panagyurishte Health company were awarded the prize for their BGN 55 M (EUR 28 M) project for a medical complex with 268 beds in the town of Panagyurishte in central Bulgaria, which will create 520 jobs.
The annual prize was awarded at an official ceremony held by InvestBulgaria Agency (IBA) in Sofia on Wednesday evening.
Asarel Panagyurishte Health is a joint venture of Assarel Medet, Panagyurishte Municipal Hospital and Panagyurishte Municipality.
Each year IBA awards its prizes to companies that had made sustainable investments, opened new jobs and introduced high technologies.
Climbing walls manufacturer Walltopia was awarded the prize for innovative business. Last year, Walltopia attracted new investors who injected EUR 11.4 into the company’s business, according to capital.bg
Kostal Bulgaria, part of German producer of automotive components Kostal Group, won the award for investment in business expansion for the opening of its second plant in the city of Smolyan, in southern Bulgaria, in 2015.
Woodward IDS Bulgaria, a supplier of innovative power electronic systems, predominantly for photovoltaic plants and wind turbines, was awarded the prize for greenfield investment. The company rented warehouse space in Sofia Airport Center last year.
- » Mark Zuckerberg Defended the Rules of Social Networks for Political Speaking
- » Japan Lifted the Temporary Ban on the Import of Bulgarian Poultry Meat
- » Where the Most Generous People Live?
- » € 600 Million More Foreign Investments in Bulgaria since the Beginning of the Year
- » 15% Increase in the Banking System's Profit for the First Six Months of the Year
- » The MFA Advised Bulgarians to Avoid Traveling to Catalonia