Bulgarian PM Appoints Deputy Education Minister
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov appointed Diyan Stamatov as Deputy Education Minister.
This was announced by the government's press service on Monday.
Having earned a degree in biology at Sofia University, Stamatov currently serves as a director and biology teacher at a school in Sofia.
His appointment comes after the recent resignations in the education ministry.
At the end of January, Borisov demanded the resignation of then Education Minister Todor Tanev over systematic problems in the education system and proposed controversial changes to the school curriculum which had not been subject to broad public discussion.
Former Deputy Education Minister Vanya Kastreva also resigned, while media reports suggest that Tanev will be appointed as adviser to the prime minister.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for First Frosts in Many Regions
- » Vaccination Certificate May Soon Become a Pass for Restaurant in Bulgaria
- » Border Police Search Team Looking for Man Missing at Sea
- » Veliko Tarnovo Hosts Celebrations of Independence Day, Radev and Yanev Attend
- » Water Supply Cut in Haskovo over Higher Values of Uranium
- » Today Bulgaria Celebrates Independence Day