Romanian Man Dies in Skiing Accident in Bulgaria’s Bansko
A male Romanian skier has died after hitting a rock outside a designated ski run in the Bulgarian winter resort of Bansko, BGNES reported on Sunday.
The accident took place man about 2 p.m. on Sunday in a ravine leading to Banderitza chalet below Todorka peak, according to the Bulgarian news outlet.
Initially, the man was descending on a designated ski run but at one point he went out of the safe area for an yet unknown reason. The Romanian was skiing down a ravine outside the ski run when he hit a rock in Banderitza river valley.
The name of the Romanian skier was not immediately known.
The skier was 45 years old, according to 24 Chasa daily.
- » A Tram Hit a Child in Sofia
- » Train with 160 Passengers Aboard Derails in Australia
- » 5 People Died in a Russian Hotel after it was Flooded with Boiling Water (VIDEO)
- » At least 57 were Killed in Avalanches in Pakistan
- » Public Bus Fell into a Huge Hole in China, at least 6 People are Killed (PHOTOS)
- » Powerful Explosion in a Residential Building in Varna Killed Two People