Romanian Man Dies in Skiing Accident in Bulgaria’s Bansko
A male Romanian skier has died after hitting a rock outside a designated ski run in the Bulgarian winter resort of Bansko, BGNES reported on Sunday.
The accident took place man about 2 p.m. on Sunday in a ravine leading to Banderitza chalet below Todorka peak, according to the Bulgarian news outlet.
Initially, the man was descending on a designated ski run but at one point he went out of the safe area for an yet unknown reason. The Romanian was skiing down a ravine outside the ski run when he hit a rock in Banderitza river valley.
The name of the Romanian skier was not immediately known.
The skier was 45 years old, according to 24 Chasa daily.
- » A Spanish Air Force Plane Crashed into the Sea
- » Fire in Liberian School Killed 26 Children
- » Seventh Casualty of the Floods in Spain
- » Cruise Ship Overturned near Senegal, Six People Were Killed
- » An Explosion in a Russian Lab that Stores Deadly Viruses Like Smallpox, HIV and Ebola
- » Passenger Train Derails in Hong Kong during a Rush Hour, There Are Injured