Bulgarians among Injured as Bus Tumbles Over in Macedonia
Twenty-six people, among them ten Bulgarian nationals, were injured as a Bulgarian-plated bus crashed in the area of Kriva Palanka, northeastern Macedonia, the Foreign Ministry in Sofia has said.
There is no risk to the life of injured passengers. Emergency teams from the Bulgarian town of Kyustendil, Southwestern Bulgaria, have also been deployed to provide assistance in the accident, Focus Radio has said.
It was not immediately clear what caused the crash. Macedonia media outlets quote local police officers as saying that the driver, 47, lost control of the vehicle and hit a tree. The incident occurred at around 21:30 on Tuesday evening near the village of Opila.
Five of the passengers were heavily injured, Utrinski Vesnik reports.
A total of 43 people were traveling in the vehicle.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Army Joins Fight against Large Forest Fire near Tvarditsa
- » Bad Road Accident between Romanian vehicles Left 2 Dead in Ruse
- » Police Chase and Car Crash Closed Temporarily Trakya Motorway
- » Bulgaria: Unmarked Police Car Hit Child on Crosswalk,Who Later Died in Hospital
- » Floods in Germany: Over 90 People Killed, 618 Injured in Ahrweiler District
- » Report Released on Most Likely Version for MiG-29 Crash in June